BHAG -big hairy audacious goals.
I think that goals should be less big and hairy and more attainable.
The key is to determine at the start of each week what you hope to achieve that week and how you are going to make that happen and be realistic. But also, there is a difference between what you want to do ON your business and what you want to do IN your business and you need to program in time for both.
ON your business is your strategising, organising, planning ahead and putting systems in place.
IN your business is the money make part.
They are both equally important.
Here are some suggestions to add to your weekly goal planning
- Determine how much time you are going to dedicate to nurturing leads
- How much time will you spend a day or week trolling sites for new leads.
- Time also needs to be set aside for the things that are less enjoyable to do, like discovery calls. The more you do them the better you will get at doing them. So you need to allocate time to do the stuff you don’t like to do as well as time to do the more enjoyable things.
- Have a set number of emails you will send out a week or a day and strive to achieve it.
- Re-engage your old leads, maybe their circumstances have changed and they are now ready for what you are offering.
Most importantly, be realistic in your expectations. If you do not achieve your goal try to determine why? Are you overextending yourself or do you need to be a little more focused?