Fail to plan, plan to fail.
As the old saying goes fail to plan, plan to fail. These steps ensure you stay productive and on track within your business. Some may seem obvious but these are steps that I take within my own business to stay on track!
- Put aside time to plan for the new year. If you map your overall goals for the year will give you a clear vision of exactly where you’re headed.
- Consult a coach or mentor. Don’t be scared to reach out for help, these professionals are there to guide you and can push you to the next level.
- Go over figures and set goals. It’s great to be clear on your financial goals right from the word go, it’s also a great way to look back and see how far you’ve come.
- Relook at your big clients. What works? what are the services that keep them coming back for more? How can you attract more of that? How to look after that relationship and see it blossom.
- What new things will you implement to see your business continue moving forward?
- Be innovative, look outside the box don’t be scared to stand out! It’s the ones who stand out that succeed.
- Allocate funds, know your numbers and where you’re at. Keep a spreadsheet of daily/weekly/monthly goals.
- Look at strategic alliances and your relationships. How can you collaborate and incorporate each other? Collaborations are a sure-fire way to open yourself up to new clients or relationships.
- Plan holidays/time off (short and long trip) in suitable quiet times. This is a big one, take a little time, you’re no good to anyone burnt out.
- Set actions/event/training with time frames and in order of your preference. map it out in a calendar remember to consider public holidays, school holidays and other sport/major events. Spend an entire day planning on a large desktop or calendar in pencil.