How to Work Successfully at Home.
Do you find Working at home pleasurable or painful? People who work at home know exactly what’s at stake because more than often they find themselves procrastinating and being unproductive. I work from home myself and I find that these Three top tips when working from home are helpful if you are considering working at home, or if you are already are.
1. Planning is Everything. To successfully work at home you must plan your schedule at all times. Use a planner, calendar or online platforms or apps to help you organize your day or week. I personally use Gmail calendar, I find it easy to use and convenient for me to check wherever I go. Include in your Schedule the following:
- Personal Development
- Time with family
- Kids schedule
- Walking the dog
- Meal prep
- Social media
- Cold calling and anything else that is a Priority for You, your Family and Business.
A planner helps me stay focused and directed to things that I need to do for the day and even the week ahead.
Not only that, but I also make sure that for each task, I break it down to something more doable, so that I have an idea of what I need to do at that moment, as I am faced with a specific task. I also give myself a time frame usually one hour for each task.
When you’ve completed a task, don’t forget to show yourself gratitude. Have a break or reward yourself for a job well done! This will get you excited for the next task. When you know that you can do a lot of things at each given time, and when you stick to your schedule, you become so much more efficient.
2. Be Comfortable.
It’s always good to stay comfortable while working at your desk. Make sure you have good back support and always allocate time to get away from your desk. You shouldn’t get stuck in there all day long, get up and mobilise as soon as you feel your bum burning on your chair, I also walk the dog in between some of my task to get up and get moving.
3. Stay Out of the Fridge
It can be tempting to just get up from your desk, walk towards the fridge and get food to eat. However, this should not be the case even if you are working at home. I have a few things to share with you:
DON’T KEEP CRAP IN THE HOUSE!
If it’s not there you can’t eat it.
- Pack your Food in Advance.
- Pack healthy meals for yourself like you would for your kids. You need to know what you need to eat in a day and my advice is that you have a personalised eating plan so you will know exactly what you need to eat to fuel your body and give yourself the nutrients needed for your body to perform.
- Schedule on my phone when I need to drink water, if I need to have a break and if I need something to eat. I do all these according to schedule which is very efficient for me, it helps me stay on track and productive at all times.
You need to have Self Discipline to make it Work!
If you can’t work at home, go find a coffee shop or simply look for an office ( I work from Fleks Workspace Burleigh) to make yourself more productive at work. Without a schedule, you’ll find that you just keep doing the same same, and can no longer achieve your daily and weekly goals.
There you have it my top 3 tips for staying productive at home!
Still have questions? Feel free to book a call.My Signature Programs
Book A Call